Merafe Resources, the junior empowerment partner in a chrome joint venture with Glencore, managed to increase profit earned for the year to end-December despite a 22% drop in ferrochrome production.

Ferrochrome, which is used in the production of stainless and other speciality steels, contributed 75% to Merafe’s revenue, with the other 25% coming from chrome ore...

Subscribe now to unlock this article.

Support BusinessLIVE’s award-winning journalism for R129 per month (digital access only).

There’s never been a more important time to support independent journalism in SA. Our subscription packages now offer an ad-free experience for readers.

Cancel anytime.

Would you like to comment on this article?
Sign up (it's quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.