MultiChoice reported a 41% rise in earnings for the half-year to September, benefiting from higher entertainment demand during the Covid-19 lockdown as it was hit by reduced advertising revenue.

The DStv operator, which has attracted the attention of French broadcasting group Canal+ added 1.2-million customers during the period, crossing the 20-million mark for the first time to 20.1-million. The subscriber base is split between 11.4-million households (57%) in the rest of Africa and 8.7-million (43%) in SA...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as exclusive Financial Times articles, ProfileData financial data, and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now