T20 Global League (T20GL)  has yet to  properly inform staff who claim to have been recruited for the event that the tournament has been postponed‚ TimesLIVE has learnt. Cricket South Africa (CSA) said on October 10 that the event‚ which was to have started on November 3‚ had been put on hold for a year. CSA claim the T20GL will run at a loss of US$25-million or more than half the board’s current cash reserves. But insiders say personnel experienced in running T20 tournaments in other countries‚ and who claim to have  been appointed for the T20GL‚ have had to glean information about their fate from unofficial sources. If they want compensation they will have to get in the queue with the players and coaches who were to have been involved in the competition and are now considering legal action. The staff claim they were verbally hired by Ortus Sport and Entertainment‚ the company that was hawking the T20GL rights on CSA’s behalf.  CSA are said to be in the process of negotiating a set...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as exclusive Financial Times articles, ProfileData financial data, and digital access to the Sunday Times and Times Select.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now