Road trips are engraved in the DNA of many South Africans who look forward to travelling at any opportunity, more so during school holidays and the festive season. For those who intend on using their personal vehicle to explore beyond the country’s borders, AA Travel has crucial information to share with you.

As much as one needs a passport to travel, many countries also require your vehicle to have a document known as a Carnet de Passage...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as articles from our international business news partners; ProfileData financial data; and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Questions or problems? Email or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now