About the Rand Daily Mail
Read about the Rand Daily Mail or contact us
The Rand Daily Mail is an online newspaper published by Tiso Blackstar Group in Johannesburg, South Africa, that brings readers a regular dose of opinion, analysis and some news related to current affairs, politics and business. Enjoy columnists and opinion writers sourced from The Times, the Sowetan, the Daily Dispatch, the Herald and the Weekend Post, along with exclusive opinion written for this website.
The website, with a responsive design that makes it easy to read on mobile devices, is edited by Ray Hartley, the former editor of the Sunday Times and The Times and current editor of BusinessLIVE.
More about the Rand Daily Mail and BusinessLIVE
Our website is part of BusinessLIVE, the showcase business portal bringing you the best of Business Day, the Financial Mail, the Sunday Times's Business Times, the Rand Daily Mail and Investors Monthly.
Much of the website is free to read. Readers who register – it's quick and free – can comment on articles and subscribe to a range of email newsletters. That registration is valid across BusinessLIVE, Business Day, the Financial Mail and the Rand Daily Mail.
Readers who then subscribe to BusinessLIVE Premium from R120 per month also have access to the best of our columnists, exclusive news and analysis along with exclusive daily content from the Financial Times and a range of financial markets data and indicators from trusted data source Morningstar.
BusinessLIVE Premium Plus subscribers get all the benefits above for R349 per month along with full digital access to the Sunday Times and Times Select (a daily digital edition of in-depth news) and e-editions (digital replicas of the print editions) of Business Day, the Financial Mail and the Sunday Times.
What would you like to do?
- Subscribe to the website or ask about a subscription: View our subscription information and FAQs page or browse all subscription packages, or contact Tel: 0860 52 52 00 or email@example.com.
- Submit an opinion piece: email Ray Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report a technical problem: email email@example.com with as much detail as possible about the problem.
- Republish our material in print or online: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 280 3916.
To advertise online or in print, contact:
- Reardon Sanderson, deputy GM: advertising print and digital sales: +27 11 340 9336/083 324 6552 or email@example.com.
- Susie White, national sales manager: print and digital: +27 11 280 9336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a range of RSS feeds for our websites and individual sections. Get the full list here.
Tiso Blackstar Group BEE credentials
Tiso Blackstar Group (formerly Times Media) is the publisher and owner of BusinessLIVE, the Financial Mail, Business Day, Business Times, the Rand Daily Mail and Wanted Online, among others. Blackstar Holdings Group is a Level 3 contributor to broad-based black economic empowerment on the generic scorecard set out by the Department of Trade and Industry.
The Rand Daily Mail and BusinessLIVE subscribe to the Press Council's Code of Ethics and Conduct for South African Print and Online Media, which prescribes news that is truthful, accurate, fair and balanced.
If we don’t live up to the code, please contact the public advocate at Tel: +27 11 484 3612. You can also contact the case officer on email@example.com or lodge a complaint online at www.presscouncil.org.za.