WATCH | Standard Bank Supplier Development Summit and Recognition Awards
This free event equipped SMEs with the knowledge and resources needed to 'Rise Above the Noise' in a competitive marketplace
Standard Bank proudly hosted the inaugural Supplier Development Summit and Recognition Awards on November 29 in Johannesburg — watch the recording of the event above.
Embodying the theme “Rise Above the Noise”, the summit was geared towards small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with a turnover of up to R50m. It tackled the challenges faced by such businesses in a competitive marketplace with the aim of guiding them towards success.
During the summit, industry leaders shared knowledge to enable SMEs to navigate the business landscape with innovation and resilience. Attendees were provided with valuable insights and access to resources to enable them to overcome obstacles and capitalise on opportunities.
The Recognition Awards, a highlight of the summit, celebrated extraordinary SMEs, disrupters, change makers and leaders who excelled in the Standard Bank Supplier Development Programme.
“Supplier development encourages businesses to cultivate long-term relationships with their suppliers, empowering them to grow and succeed. For us, it is important to champion supplier development by focusing on strategic levers to uplift SMEs,” said Kholofelo Shaai, head of Supplier Development at Standard Bank SA.
Awards were presented in five categories:
- Innovation: Acknowledging SMEs that have demonstrated exceptional creativity, originality and forward-thinking in their businesses, including technological innovations.
- Growth: Recognising SMEs that have effectively scaled their operations, expanded market reach and achieved financial success.
- Social and Environmental Impact: Celebrating SMEs making a positive difference in local communities, going beyond commercial success to create tangible social benefits.
- Digital Transformation: Acknowledging SMEs leveraging digital technologies to enhance business operations and drive efficiency and innovation.
- Resilience: Recognising SMEs that have adapted to changing circumstances, continuing operations despite setbacks such as Covid-19, load-shedding or unfavourable economic conditions.
This article was sponsored by Standard Bank.