About Business Day TV
Read about our channel or contact us
Business Day TV is broadcast on channel 412 on DStv. It is available to more than 10-million viewers in nine countries across Southern Africa.
It is one of three TV stations owned by Arena Holdings, the others being The Home Channel (channel 176) and Ignition (channel 189).
Arena Holdings (formerly Tiso Blackstar Group) is one of SA’s largest media houses and also owns newspapers, websites and magazines including the Sunday Times, BusinessLIVE, Business Day and the Financial Mail. One of Business Day TV’s strengths is its ability to access from this extensive network of media channels.
Business Day TV’s programming provides current, up-to-the-minute information, with key insights and thought provoking debate. The channel has a strong investor focus and is highly rated for programmes such as Stock Watch (nightly at 7.30pm), Traders' Corner, You & Your Money with personal financial planner and author Bryan Hirch, and The Roffey Review.
We broadcast a number of weekly specialist programmes dealing with topics such as management, entrepreneurship, leadership, retirement, business and technology. Highlights are:
- Business News: On the hour, every hour, the day’s key stories. The news before it’s history.
- The Market Report: Hot tips, hot gossip; the JSE’s top stockbrokers share their secrets and stock picks.
- News Leader: Interviews with the CEOs and executives who made the news headlines.
- Stock Watch: A nightly in-depth analysis of all the day’s action on the JSE: currencies, share prices, hot tips, precious metals and more. Regular updates each hour for the Business Day TV viewer.
Not everyone thrust into the spotlight has the gift of the gab. A foray into a TV studio can be quite daunting for the uninitiated. If TV training is on your to-do list, we can help. We run a course in a simulated live TV environment at the Business Day TV studios in Parktown, Johannesburg. And to keep it edgy, we’ve pulled together the best financial anchors in the country to ask the questions.
Tel: +27 11 280 3000
Physical address: Hill on Empire, 16 Empire Road, Johannesburg
What would you like to do?
- Contact the Business Day TV newsdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 280 5441
- Contact the news editor: Bronwyn Seaborne on +27 11 280 5747 or email@example.com
- Contact the head of the channel: Vernon Matzopoulos on +27 11 280 5580 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book live results or other live events: Jane Thompson on +27 11 280 5441 / 072 194 1575 or email@example.com
- Report a technical problem: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a question about the website: Anele Van Wyk on +27 11 280 3223 or email@example.com
- Get a DVD copy of a programme: DVD copies available for R450 (incl VAT) from Jane Thompson on +27 11 280 5441 / 072 194 1575 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising and other contacts
- Executive producer: Keneilwe Tlholoe on +27 11 280 5882 or email@example.com
- Production manager: Jane Thompson on +27 11 280 5441 / 072 194 1575 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SALES AND SPONSORSHIPS: JOHANNESBURG
- Michelle Arnold, GM: sales, on +27 11 280 5514/+27 82 326 6808 or email@example.com
- Claire Smith, account manager +27 11 340 9381 / 082 579 0894 or ClaireS@tisoblackstar.co.za
- Themba Motaung, account executive, on +27 11 340 9515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adele Rhodes, account executive, on +27 280 3483 or email@example.com
SALES AND SPONSORSHIPS: WESTERN CAPE
- Kim Penman, sponsorship and advertising sales, on +27 21 488 1813/+27 83 733 5187 or firstname.lastname@example.org