JOB ADS: Reporter
Here's your chance to join the team at one of SA's most innovative publishers
Reporting to: Bureau chief
Department: Sunday Times/Times Select
Location: Parktown, Johannesburg
We are looking for a reporter to identify, investigate and write unique, in-depth news reports of national and/or provincial interest for Tiso Blackstar Group's Sunday Times and Times Select publications.
- Break unique hard news stories ahead of competitors.
- Identify and pursue investigative journalism pieces.
- Write features and analysis pieces.
- Investigate background reports.
- Establish and maintain communication with contacts with a view to sourcing stories.
- Work to established style and deadlines.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality stories.
- Perform any other duty reasonably assigned by the line manager.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be innovative.
- Unimpeachable integrity.
- Ability to travel and work irregular hours.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant diploma/degree or equivalent.
- At least 7 years’ experience in journalism.
- • A good general knowledge.
Applications deadline: November 6 2018
CVs and a short cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tiso Blackstar Group applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and, as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. If we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.