Advertise on Business Day TV
How to advertise on the channel
Our audience profile
Business Day TV viewers are high earners, optimistic and proudly South African. They rely on technology to improve their lives and keep up with the latest trends in our fast-changing world. News about South Africa, Africa and the rest of the world is their daily bread. Being active in the world of business, they believe work should be interesting and not just about money, and that success is built on a good education. They are prepared to take calculated risks for higher returns on their money. Advertising is key to making informed decisions on trusted brands.
- Average monthly reach (Jul–Sep 2017, DStv-i): 374,111
- Highly educated and affluent with an average personal income of R52,000 a month.
- 40% are CEOs, directors or senior management; 22% are professionals.
- They work mainly in the finance, banking, insurance and investment industries.
- They are decision makers with the authority to sign off on purchases of up to R3.4-million on average.
- They are loyal viewers – 51% watch every day and spend an average time of 90 minutes doing so.
- Stock Watch, Trader’s Corner and Share My Portfolio are the most watched business features.
- Two in five work for a company; 27% own their own businesses.
- 37% would like to start a small business in the next 12 months.
- 81% invest in shares and derivatives; 48% invest in unit trusts. They spend an average of R3,942 per month on shares and listed instruments.
- 35% are planning to buy a car in the next year and willing to spend R325,000 on average.
- They travel for business — on average, 2.2 local trips and 1.59 international trips per year.
- They spend their disposable income on fine dining, the latest electronics and luxury travel.
Source: Business Day TV audience survey, November 2015
Contacts for sales
If you don’t already have a TV advert, we can produce one for you.
- All advertising spots longer or shorter than 30 seconds will be charged pro rata.
- Advertising spots bought in specific programmes will carry a 20% loading.
- The channel reserves the right to alter programming.
- All rates are net and exclude VAT.
- A 50% cancellation fee will apply within five working days of flighting.
- A 100% cancellation fee will apply if the TV plan is cancelled after the campaign has started.
- The channel will not be held responsible for any circumstances beyond its control.
- Upfront payment may be required subject to credit policy.
- Proof of payment must be emailed no less than five working days before first broadcast.
- E & OE – standard errors & omissions.
GM of SalesMichelle Arnold
Antoinette Van Wyk