The world’s airlines are carrying only 10% of the international passengers they would normally expect, according to the International Air Transport Association. What are the other 90% missing about flying? Some, it surprisingly seems, are missing airline food.

Singapore Airlines added extra sittings after its initial offer of lunch or dinner this weekend on a grounded Airbus A380 sold out in 30 minutes. Admittedly, these meals, priced from S$50 in economy to S$600 in a first-class suite, aren’t the only food on offer. If you don’t fancy the “signature international Singapore Airlines dishes”, you can choose from a menu created by Singaporean cookery writer and chef Shermay Lee...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as exclusive Financial Times articles, ProfileData financial data, and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now