A trip to the school toilets left an 11-year-old boy with chemical burns to his head, face and body — and led to a damages claim that will have to be paid by the Northern Cape MEC for education.

The plight of the pupil, named in court papers as T, adds a new twist to the dangers that some toilets pose for children.  Only, here the problem was caused by drain-cleaning liquid that had been left unattended...

Subscribe now to unlock this article.

Support BusinessLIVE’s award-winning journalism for R129 per month (digital access only).

There’s never been a more important time to support independent journalism in SA. Our subscription packages now offer an ad-free experience for readers.

Cancel anytime.

Would you like to comment on this article?
Sign up (it's quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.