Washington/Seoul — New activity has been detected at a North Korean intercontinental ballistic missiles plant, South Korean media says, as US President Donald Trump says he would be very disappointed if Pyongyang rebuilt a rocket site. Movement of cargo vehicles has been spotted around a factory at Sanumdong in Pyongyang, which produced North Korea’s first intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the US, South Korea’s Joong Ang Ilbo and Donga Ilbo newspapers reported, citing MPs briefed by the National Intelligence Service. Spy chief Suh Hoon told the MPs he viewed the activity as missile-related, JoongAng Ilbo said. It quoted Suh as saying North Korea continued to run its uranium enrichment facility at the main Yongbyon nuclear complex after the first summit between Trump and its leader, Kim Jong-un, in June in Singapore. The reports came after the leaders’ second summit in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi broke down last week over differences on the limits North Kore...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as exclusive Financial Times articles, ProfileData financial data, and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now