WATCH | Looking after women in our supply chains
Join the Absa Business Day Supplier Development dialogues series on August 11 2020 at 9.30am
The Covid-19 pandemic has deeply affected women who have been bearing the brunt of disproportionate care burdens, disruptions in income and education, and poor access to health and other essential services. For women already living in poverty, the lockdown is an additional shock to their economic stability.
From immediate relief efforts to longer-term recovery strategies, all sectors of society — including the government, businesses and corporate leaders — need to invest in women’s economic empowerment to ease the unique, unfair and unequal impacts on them.
Join the online Absa Business Day Supplier Development dialogues series on August 11 2020 at 9.30am, as experts focus on ways to support the livelihoods of women in supplier development programmes.
- Mamoroke Lehobye, MD, MyCFO
- Cecilia Njenga, head of the UN Environment Office in SA
- Sekai Chiwandamira, regional chapter manager, ANDE
- Mishinga Seyuba Kombo, ESD head, Pick n Pay
The discussion will explore:
- how women’s representation in leadership can contribute to more diverse and sustainable decision-making;
- the imperative to develop relationships with women-owned businesses across the value chain, to support economic recovery of the communities in which they operate;
- necessary steps that businesses can take to support women’s rights, and nurture their vital roles in supplier development programmes;
- how to close the economic gender gap; and
- the importance of multi-stakeholder partnerships.
We invite corporates, supplier development managers and practitioners, suppliers, and SMEs to participate in this important discussion.
About the Absa Business Day Supplier Development Dialogue Series
The Absa Business Day Supplier Development Awards in partnership with Fetola, Cold Press Media, and Arena Holdings recognises the necessity to bridge the gap between suppliers and corporates, and to collaborate during this time.
The Absa Business Day Supplier Development Dialogue Series brings together thought leaders and supplier development managers, corporates, suppliers and SMMEs to host discussions on supporting the global and domestic response to our current crisis and to reignite growth.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments?
Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.