Hyprop Investments, the owner of premium shopping centres including Rosebank Mall, Hyde Park Corner, Clearwater Mall and Canal Walk, is considering buying out its investment partner in Eastern Europe as it forages for growth opportunities while SA’s economy struggles through a recession.

The company owns 60% of Hystead, a joint venture with PDI Investment Holdings, which owns the other 40%. Hystead owns six malls valued at €807m (R15.8bn). These assets are located in Bulgaria, Serbia, North Macedonia, Croatia and Montenegro.

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as exclusive Financial Times articles, ProfileData financial data, and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now