Royal Bafokeng Platinum (RBPlat) is a key component of the Royal Bafokeng National Development Trust, which aims to provide more than 100,000 people with stable incomes by making high-quality investments.

The mining group was formed in 1999 by way of a joint venture, which was restructured in 2010 when RBPlat was created and obtained a 67% majority interest. In 2018 RBPlat entered into a transaction to acquire the remaining 33% interest in the joint venture that Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) owns. Phase 1 of this transaction has been completed and the second and final phase is pending regulatory approval...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as exclusive Financial Times articles, ProfileData financial data, and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Questions or problems? Email or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now