×

We've got news for you.

Register on BusinessLIVE at no cost to receive newsletters, read exclusive articles & more.
Register now

Absa is taking aim at Standard Bank’s fee-rich corporate and investment banking (CIB) business as it seeks to tap new growth opportunities after its unbundling from Barclays.

Retail and business banking accounted for about 51% of Absa’s R8.18bn in headline earnings in the six months to end-June, with CIB bringing in the remaining 49% along with a small contribution from head office, treasury and the bank’s other operations...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as articles from our international business news partners; ProfileData financial data; and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now