Q: Employee in Oudtshoorn: 

I use my own transport in the execution of my professional duties. My employer only pays a fixed travel rate of R3.05 a kilometre, without considering any additional expenses such as maintenance (wear and tear), insurance, and value of my vehicle. The value of my car is R80,000-R100,000. ..

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as exclusive Financial Times articles, ProfileData financial data, and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now