Attend a Business Day Breakfast on the dynamics of investing
Featuring Sygnia CEO Magda Wierzycka as keynote speaker, the event also includes a debate by an expert panel
South Africans are slowly becoming hopeful about the economy. The rand is off to a solid start in 2019, bolstered by the 2.2% gross domestic product (GDP) growth towards the end of 2018. This was reinforced by foreign investment commitments.
However, consumers continue to feel the impact of muted growth and unemployment and are changing their behaviour in everything from shopping trends to property uptake.
Join us at a Business Day Financial Dynamics Breakfast in Cape Town on March 29 2019, held in partnership with Greymatter & Finch, for an in-depth discussion on business and its macroeconomic impact on society, including the systemic nature of business and the economy, and their interdependence.
Which dynamics drive investment in listed and private equity companies? What impact does the success or failure of businesses have on society and national GDP growth?
The keynote address, to be delivered by Magda Wierzycka, CEO of Sygnia Group, will focus on ethics and the need for good governance, and the impact of good financial reporting.
Our panel, moderated by multi-award-winning financial journalist Bruce Whitfield, includes:
- Marc Hasenfuss (editor-at-large, Financial Mail);
- Arthur Kamp (chief economist, Sanlam Investments);
- Delphine Govender (CIO, Perpetua Investment Managers);
- Wayne McCurrie (head of equity research, FNB Wealth & Investments); and
- Frank Ford (group manager: investor relations, Distell).
They will discuss a range of topics, including:
- How do listed companies attract investors?
- What are the traditionally sensitive topics in disclosure?
- What influence do analysts have on the share price?
- Is financial reporting getting enough traction?
- What impact does it have on the South African macroeconomic environment?
- Date: March 29 2019
- Time: 9am to 12pm
- Venue: The Table Bay Hotel, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- Standard price: R1,295 excluding VAT
- Special Business Day subscribers' price: R895 excluding VAT