Unlock your personal wealth at the 2017 BDFM Investment Summit
Full-day conference on September 14 features a range of expert guest speakers
The Business Day | Financial Mail Investment Summit – now in its second year – once again brings together South Africa’s most influential business minds to help professional and individual investors make better-informed decisions.
The summit takes stock of the country’s investment landscape and provides insight into opportunities to maximise the return on your investments.
This full-day conference is aimed at individual investors (CEOs and company directors, business owners, entrepreneurs and wealthy individuals) as well as asset and fund managers, trade and investment officers, and independent financial advisers.
Guest speakers include:
- Kevin Lings – chief economist, Stanlib
- Peter Brooke – head of MacroSolutions, Old Mutual Wealth
- Fatima Vawda – founder and MD, 27four Investment Managers
- Shaun Nicholson – head of SA financial markets, Iress
- Gareth Stobie - MD, CoreShares
- Nesan Nair – senior portfolio manager, Sasfin Wealth
- Trevor Garvin – head: multi-management (domestic & international), Nedgroup Investments
- Magnus Heystek – director, Brenthurst Wealth Management
- Olga Constantatos – credit and equity process manager, Futuregrowth
- Bruce Fleming, CFP – FPI Financial Planner of the Year 2016
- Steven Nathan – founder and CEO, 10X Investments
- Charles Savage – founder of EasyEquities and group CEO, Purple Group
- John Kennedy – director and regional head: Cape Town, Citadel Wealth Management
- Cy Jacobs – co-founder, 36ONE Asset Management
- Craig Gradidge – executive director: investment & retirement planning specialist, Gradidge Mahura Investments
Apart from providing an overview of the South African and geopolitical investment landscape, the summit’s insightful presentations and hard-hitting panel discussions will also look at the role of technology in investing, the power of passive investments, best practice for offshore investing, the hidden risks of investing in bonds, and retirement and life stage investing.
Magda Wierzycka, CEO of Sygnia Group, will also participate in a Q&A conversation with Alishia Seckam, senior anchor at Business Day TV.